Methodology: This report is based on Google word search queries and resulting trends being carried out by users on Google.
Time Period: January 2020 to July 2021
Geographic Regions: All major and minor regions of Pakistan, reported by Google Trends
Word Cloud: Word clouds are based on “Top Queries”
FAMOUS GENRES ON GOOGLE TRENDS
Search word: “drama”
- Searches for the word ‘drama’ were carried out from 46 cities of Pakistan.
- Urdu drama was the most searched word, followed by theme song, Turkish dramas, serials, and HUM TV drama.
- ARY Digital has the highest number of subscribers but people don’t search for it. This may mean that it has more direct traffic/audience and stronger subscriber base.
- Search word: “news”
- ‘Live news’ and ‘news in Urdu’ are the most searched key words.
- The searches were carried out from 43 cities of Pakistan.
- In terms of news brands, GEO leads closely followed by ARY News.
- Other better searched channels include Express.
- Dawn and Jang have higher direct audience on their webpages. Their YouTube channels are less active compared to ARY and GEO.
Search word: “sports”
- PTV sports has very strong equity when it comes to live streaming.
- PSL also has strong search results.
GOOGLE SEARCH WORDS
Search word: “movie”
- Generally, user searches include movies that they can watch online. The search term used is ‘full movies’.
- Users specifically search for Indian movies using the search term ‘hindi movie’.
Search word: “song”
- Breakout words include songs like ‘Ertugrul Ghazi song’, ‘Raaz-e-Ulfat’, ‘Kaka’, ‘dewangi song’, ‘Kala ja labas’, ‘PSL’ and ‘Lut gaye’.
Search word: “recipes”
- The most searched words in terms of recipes is ‘chicken’ and ‘biryani’
- Other searches include ‘kabab’, followed by ‘foodfusion’, which is a food portal.
- Breakout words include a number of cuisines Pakistani, Western, Japanese as well as main dishes and soups.